THIS ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE MARKETING LINKS! IN CASE YOU MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH ONE OF THE LINKS, WE'LL GET A SMALL COMMISSION. WITH NO EXTRA CHARGES TO YOU. THANKS!!
Table of Contents
- Are Gaming Laptops good for Graphic Design?
If gaming is not taken into consideration, graphic design is the discipline that uses the most computer resources. It is also a highly rewarding field that offers many opportunities for professionals. Graphic design software can be run on any Mac or PC. However, depending on the configuration, it will require more agility when dealing with complex 3D models, large projects, high-resolution images, or 4K videos. So the question rises are gaming laptops good for graphic design? Continue reading this article to find out.
Are Gaming Laptops good for Graphic Design?
Basic system requirements for Graphic Design
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Rhino are all required to run our projects smoothly. Unlike years ago, most of the work was done on the CPU. However, graphics editing and multimedia authoring software now use the GPU (Graphics Card) to speed up certain operations, such as warping an image or applying filters in Photoshop. The 3D geometry of a model.
It is important to have enough RAM to be able to access the hard disk if the file contains layers that contain gradients, vectors, and textures. Solid-state SSD drives are also convenient, as they are faster than traditional magnetic-type drives. This is also true for video editing and animation applications.
As workflows in creative studios merge, it is becoming a trend for applications to incorporate both 2D/3D graphics and/or video graphics functionality. Designers need to have the right equipment, whether it is a laptop or a desktop. In recent years laptops have been able to perform at the same level as desktops. Sometimes they can even be more portable for professional use.
WHAT HARDWARE SPECIFICATIONS DO DESIGNERS NEED?
The ideal solution for studios and companies with high budgets and higher-than-average requirements is to purchase workstations at a high price and with the configuration “tuned” to each individual need. For those who are not professionals or enthusiasts, however, “street” teams can solve our technological problems. These are the things to consider when you’re looking to purchase a team to be a designer.
- Processor The CPU is still the core of everything, even though graphics acceleration is essential. The current processors are very good for multimedia authoring and graphic design. The latest processors are best if you want long-term, high performance. It should not be a low-powered laptop.
- RAM memory is another important component. Graphic design applications require 16GB minimum, with 32GB as a goal. Equipment for 3D or video processing can require up to 64 GB.
- It is strongly recommended that the system hard disk be an SSD. Solid-state drives can speed up the operation of your operating system by opening and closing more applications quickly. They also allow applications to access data faster. They are often accompanied by traditional units of 1 TB to 2 TB for desktop computers, due to their higher cost. It is strongly recommended that the hard drive of your system by an SSD. Solid-state drives can speed up the operation of your operating system by opening and closing more applications quickly. They also allow applications to access data faster. They are often accompanied by desktop computers with conventional drives of 1TB or 2TB capacity to provide long-term project storage, GPU, CPU, and other applications. The Nvidia GeForce range offers the greatest acceleration.
- It is essential that the screen has a high resolution. It will allow us to have more desktop space, which is useful for keeping our tools and work windows in place. It allows us to see the desktop in greater detail without zooming in or out. Although 4K is the minimum for desktops, ultra-wide monitors are possible to create a multi-screen effect. For laptops, 14 inches is the minimum size for comfortable working.
- Laptops and their particularities Although a laptop is portable and can be used anywhere, its power might not be as powerful as a desktop because of several unavoidable issues. We need to decide if we are going to use the laptop for rapid prototyping, the first touch-ups on-site, or if it will be our main work machine. In this case, it should have the best hardware. It has a lot of ports and lines. It’ll be even more interesting if the screens can be hinged 360 degrees and allow for digital pens. This is essential for photo editing and 3D modeling.