THIS ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE MARKETING LINKS! IN CASE YOU MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH ONE OF THE LINKS, WE'LL GET A SMALL COMMISSION. WITH NO EXTRA CHARGES TO YOU. THANKS!!
Table of Contents
- Graphic Design using Photography
Photography or Graphic Design is not codependent but is rather complementary to each other. To further explore this continue reading this article. Graphic designers will often be asked to use photography throughout their careers. It is essential that graphic designers have basic knowledge of how to use photography equipment. So We will be leaving you with some key photography tips for graphic artists.
Graphic Design using Photography
If we were to talk about photography or graphic design it is possible to say that they never had any relationship. If we view it artistically, it’s the relationship in which a story is told through the use of a photograph. This method of expression in photography generates cognitive emotions depending on the type of image composition. Graphic design is photography that uses digital elements to create a scene and communicate a message. You can even edit them using editing programs like Photoshop or Illustrator.
Graphic Designers need to know the Elements of Photography
Although designers won’t have to create elaborate compositions as professional photographers, it is evident that they will still need to know the basics. Every designer must be familiar with these five elements in order to create stunning photographs.
A list of elements that can be used by graphic designers to create photography:
- Color: Make sure that the colors you choose complement each other. Change the scenery and costumes until they do. Painters choose their colors carefully. Why should photographers let outside forces dictate the color palettes?
- Shape: The structure of the shapes in the photo. It adds a third dimension and dimension to the photo. The use of shadow and light creates shape and helps a photo stand out on the page.
- Texture: Photos are only two-dimensional. This makes it hard to feel the texture. It is best to use strong shapes, compositions, and angles of light that compliment the textures in the scene.
- Pattern: Pattern is the repetition of elements in a photograph to create a pattern.
- Line: Line is how a person views a photograph. It describes how an individual looks at a photograph.
Principles of Graphic Design and Photography
There are rules that must be followed in order to achieve a great shot, just like elements of graphic design and photography. To make images that are impactful, it is important to consider the principles of photography.
- Lighting: Pay attention to how much light is on the stage and if you need to use a flash or flashlight. To get the best lighting, you need to adjust your camera settings.
- A strong subject is not just an attractive model. Setting, clothing, props, and accessories, as well as props and props, can all be used to tell a story. The photographer is responsible for ensuring that the story is worth telling.
- Focus: It’s not about what you should focus on. It’s about the depth of field that you want to display in your portrait. Focus on the eyes.
- Background: Keep it simple when designing backgrounds. Although it is possible to create beautiful environmental portraits, it is easy for backgrounds to distract from the main focus of your photograph. In a photograph, background and foreground images often merge.
- Composition is how you consider the frame and setting where you are shooting. Portrait photographers are skilled at analyzing shapes, lines, and frames.
- Exposure: In determining the exposure, we need to consider the color density and brightest parts of the image. Remember that color, texture, and exposure can be used to highlight shapes in your compositions.
Photographic art is not just for professionals. There are many careers in graphic design where you will need to use photography to present your creations. So it is not just about photography or graphic design. They both have their own importance and use for each other.