THIS ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE MARKETING LINKS! IN CASE YOU MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH ONE OF THE LINKS, WE'LL GET A SMALL COMMISSION. WITH NO EXTRA CHARGES TO YOU. THANKS!!
Table of Contents
List of 17 Branding Books
- 01. Brand Portfolio Strategy: Creating Relevance, Differentiation, Energy, Leverage, and Clarity
- 02. Designing Brand Identity: An Essential Guide for the Whole Branding Team
- 03. Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
- 04. Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind
- 05. Hello, My Name Is Awesome: How to Create Brand Names That Stick
- 06. Do Good: Embracing Brand Citizenship to Fuel Both Purpose and Profit
- 07. Strategic Brand Management
- 08. Building Strong Brands
- 09. The New Strategic Brand Management: Advanced Insights and Strategic Thinking
- 10. Brand Gap, The: Revised Edition
- 11. Power Branding: Leveraging the Success of the World’s Best Brands
- 12. Creating a Brand Identity: A Guide for Designers
- 13. Book of Branding: a guide to creating brand identity for start-ups and beyond
- 14. Branding: In Five and a Half Steps
- 15. How to Style Your Brand: Everything You Need to Know to Create a Distinctive Brand Identity
- 16. Sticky Branding: 12.5 Principles to Stand Out, Attract Customers, and Grow an Incredible Brand
- 17. The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding: How to Build a Product or Service into a World Class Brand
Branding is one of the marketing concepts that are hard to grasp. Sometimes, it is very vague and confusing for people. And if you won’t have a strong and clear understanding of branding and looking for books on the topic of Branding. Then stop searching here’s a list of 17 Branding Books you should read. The books mentioned in the list are great to read and helpful. And will provide a solid understanding of the topic of branding.
List of 17 Branding Books
Note: The branding books mentioned in the list are not in any particular order, or in order of preference.
01. Brand Portfolio Strategy: Creating Relevance, Differentiation, Energy, Leverage, and Clarity
The author of this book is David A. Aaker. He is considered as the world’s one of the best brand experts. In this book, there are case studies of world-class brands such as Disney, Sony, Intel, Dell, and so on. Through these case studies, Aaker teaches and shows the power of great brand strategies. This book imparts great information that you can use to improve your brand. If you are looking forward to working in marketing or branding you must read this book.
02. Designing Brand Identity: An Essential Guide for the Whole Branding Team
The author of this book is Alina Wheeler. Designing Brand Identity is a must-have book for students, beginners, and experienced individuals alike. It is a great resource if you want to learn the fundamentals of the brand. The book helps you in learning about research, brand strategy, design execution, launch, and governance. And also teaches about the best practices to use for branding success. This book is great for learning the fundamentals of brand and for inspiration.
03. Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
The author of this book is Donald Miller. In this book Miller teaches you how to effectively connect with your customers, allowing them to have a greater understanding of the business. The processes he teaches in the book help you engage and influence customers. One of the key points made in the book is about telling the story of your brand in which the customer is the hero. This book is a must-read for marketers and business owners. And it is a great book for writers and copywriters also. As a beginner, it will help you in getting started and writing on your own. And if you are an experienced writer it provides you with a lot of fresh ideas and insights.
04. Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind
The author of this book is Al Ries and Jack Trout. In this book, the authors talk and teach about Positioning as in creating a “position” in a customer’s mind. Book consists of several valuable analyses of the most successful and failures in advertising history. It is a great book for anyone from working in sales to marketing to branding. The teaches a lot about the importance of market positioning and how it correlates with branding. This book will help you up to your marketing and branding game.
05. Hello, My Name Is Awesome: How to Create Brand Names That Stick
The author of this book is Alexandra Watkins. In this book, Alexandra talks about the impact of the name of business, and products. She emphasizes the use of easy-to-understand and memorable names. And how they affect the branding of the business, service, or product as a whole. Because the name is the first thing customers come in contact with. The book has tons of examples to help in the process of creating brand names.
06. Do Good: Embracing Brand Citizenship to Fuel Both Purpose and Profit
The author of this book is Anne Bahr Thompson. In this book, Anne talks about Doing good and the impact it has on the brand of a business. In the book she layouts the path for a business to be caring yet profitable. Giving back to society is the key point that she makes. There are detailed and well-researched case studies that show how practices like fair employment, charity, social responsibility boost the business. This is a must-read book for business owners going forward.
07. Strategic Brand Management
The author of this book is Kevin Lane Keller. In this book, Kevin talks about the different concepts related to branding and brand management. And walks you through the process of applying them to your business. The book contains various practical and technical insights to be utilized in the day-to-day and long-term brand management. It is a great book for anyone who wants to learn about the theory and practices of strategic brand management.
- Why is Branding Important?
- LOGO DESIGN VS BRANDING: Learn the Differences
- List of Best Logo Design Books for Beginners
08. Building Strong Brands
The author of this book is David A. Aaker. Building Strong Brands is a must-read book for brand strategists. In this book Aaker by using real brand-building cases shows how strong brands are built. This book is very useful and informative and talks about practical management issues and how to deal with them. The book acts as a reference and provides guidance and direction while managing a brand.
09. The New Strategic Brand Management: Advanced Insights and Strategic Thinking
The author of this book is Jean-Noël Kapferer. This book is an excellent resource if you want to learn about the challenges of brand management and strategies, and how to overcome them. It is a great book for students to learn from and a great reference for branding professionals. The book contains and covers almost all the topics related to the brand, and brand management. By using a lot of examples the book provides guidance through the entire branding process.
10. Brand Gap, The: Revised Edition
The author of this book is Martin Neumeier. In this book, Martin talks about the concept of using both strategic and creative approaches to brand-building. And as a result, achieving and creating a charismatic brand. Some of the topics that this book covers are essential disciplines of brand-building, the importance of collaboration, and so on. Along with a 220-word brand glossary. If you want to learn to brand it is a great book and a must-read.
11. Power Branding: Leveraging the Success of the World’s Best Brands
The author of this book is Steve McKee. In this book, Steve talks about the power of branding. If done right branding has the power to transform a mere startup into a big business. With a large and diverse selection of examples about companies like Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, Facebook, and others. Steve takes the theoretical concepts of branding to real practices. This book is great for learning branding.
12. Creating a Brand Identity: A Guide for Designers
The author of this book is Catherine Slade-Brooking. Creating a Brand Identity is a very handy, and compact guidebook for designers. This book has a lot of examples and exercises to help the designers in creating a successful brand identity. Branding is a complex process as it requires practical design skills with an understanding of marketing. This book does a great job of simplifying the branding process for designers. It is easy to read and offers a lot of ideas that can be applied in real life.
13. Book of Branding: a guide to creating brand identity for start-ups and beyond
The author of this book is Radim Malinic. This book is a great guide for start-ups, new businesses, and individuals who want to learn to brand. In this book, Radim emphasizes the importance of visual identity in the overall brand strategy. It is an easy-to-read book and helps the reader understand the essential elements of branding. This book is a great reference for any creative individual.
14. Branding: In Five and a Half Steps
The author of this book is Michael Johnson. In this book, Michael provides various case studies and breakdowns the elements of branding. By using everyday brands as an example for what makes a consumer select one product over another. This process allows us to learn about the effects branding has on the daily life of the consumer. In this book, Michael effortlessly demystifies the complex and sometimes confusing topic of branding.
15. How to Style Your Brand: Everything You Need to Know to Create a Distinctive Brand Identity
The author of this book is Fiona Humberstone. Having a strong and compelling brand identity influences and attracts the consumer to do business with the company. And Fiona explores and expands this very concept in this book. This book is a great guidebook that walks you through the process of the styling of the brand. The book contains over 60 brand examples of the best brand identities.
16. Sticky Branding: 12.5 Principles to Stand Out, Attract Customers, and Grow an Incredible Brand
Get the Book here.
The author of this book is Jeremy Miller. This book is a great resource for anyone wanting to learn and understand branding. It has a lot of good case studies and examples which provide great insight into the world of branding. This book also offers stories, ideas, and exercises to follow. In order to make and draw inspiration for the 12.5 principles, Jeremy conduct interviews with hundreds of CEOs and business owners.
17. The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding: How to Build a Product or Service into a World Class Brand
The author of this book is Al Ries and Laura Ries. This book helps you tackle the marketing problem of today’s world. That is branding on the web. The book comes with a lot of examples of practices that major companies follow while approaching the branding process and strategies. And doing so gives deep insight and knowledge about branding. It is a great book for brand managers and anyone who wants to learn branding.
Branding is considered one of the most complex, vague, and confusing marketing processes. So, in order to have to build a solid understanding and grasp of the branding. Try to read as many books as you can. The branding books mentioned in this list are great resources for learning branding and are great references too.