THIS ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE MARKETING LINKS! IN CASE YOU MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH ONE OF THE LINKS, WE'LL GET A SMALL COMMISSION. WITH NO EXTRA CHARGES TO YOU. THANKS!!
Table of Contents
- Logo Design VS Branding: Learn the Differences
People tend to use the terms Logo Design and Branding synonymously. In the eyes of the general populace, there is no difference between the two. It is also true for new entrepreneurs and small business owners for them logo and branding means the same. Oh boy! they are wrong, they are so wrong. But if you don’t want to make the same mistake. Then go ahead and learn the difference between the two by just reading this article about Logo Design vs Branding. Let’s start,
Logo Design VS Branding: Learn the Differences
First and foremost, let’s get a little better understanding of the concept of LOGO, LOGO DESIGN, BRAND, and BRANDING.
- Logo: A logo is the most easily recognizable visual element of a business. It acts as the identifier for the business it is associated with. In simple words, Logo represents a business in its simplest form, by the means of a icon, symbol, or mark.
- Logo Design: It is regarded as the tool used in the branding and marketing process of the business. As the name suggests Logo Design is used for designing and developing a logo.
- Brand: A brand relates to the overall perception, emotional response, and experience of the consumer towards a business. In simple words, Brand is the perception of the business in consumer mind made through emotional response, and experience.
- Branding: Well, branding is the process of creating a brand. It is as simple as that. But, the process of branding is not so simple, it involves a lot of research, building guidelines, and so on.
- Beginners Guide: How to Design My Own Logo?
- Make it yourself: Tips for Logo Design
- How to make Logo with Photoshop
Difference between the Logo Design and Branding
As we have talked about the basic concepts of Logo Design and Branding. One thing is clear that both logo design and branding are interconnected. They are co-dependent one is meaningless in the absence of another. Let’s talk about the difference between the two,
Even though logo design and branding are interconnected and have some similarities, both are required for creating a proper and great brand. They are different at the fundamental level. Logo design is all about creating a visual for the brand. Whereas, branding transcends the realm of visuals as it also focuses on the emotions and experience of the consumer.
Some of the fundamental points used in the logo design are as follows,
- A logo design needs to be simple.
- Design should be memorable.
- The logo design should be timeless.
- It must be versatile.
- Design should be appropriate and fit for purpose.
Fundamental steps used in the branding are as follows,
- Developing a clear and strong message.
- Creating a recognizable visual identity.
- Building Trust among consumer.
- Making a consistent culture.
- Developing a plan to achieve goals.
One of the main differences between the two is the time required for the completion of the process. The logo design involves the designing of the logo and tends to take less time. Whereas, branding is a long process, and it is all about creating a brand. So, branding is more time-consuming than logo design. The process of logo design often falls under the process of branding.
The logo design process is used for the purpose of developing and creating a logo. Whereas, branding is used for the purpose of developing a brand.
The logo created during the logo design is for identification because it acts as an identifier for the business. But branding is about creating and developing the perception of the audience around that vision to create a brand.
In terms of usage, the logo will be present and placed everywhere within the domain of the business. For example, it will be used in advertisements, banners, websites, social media, and so on. On the other hand, branding is used at a larger scale as it determines the proper use of the logo. Thus branding maintains the way advertisement, and marketing materials are designed, deployed, and presented.
We discussed the basic concept of Logo Design and Branding and looked at some of the differences the two processes have. Let’s take a quick look at the importance of logo design and branding in a business.
What is the importance of Logo Design and Branding?
It is clear that logo design and branding are interconnected even though they have some differences. They are connected but separate ideas. And both are important for any business. Let’s take a look at the things that make logo design and branding important for business.
As we have discussed that logo design is the process required for making a logo. And this alone increases the importance of logo design for any business. Because Logo is required for creating a great first impression. It is the visual that consumers first connect with, and it also helps in creating brand loyalty for the business. So, due to the impact that a logo has, it makes the logo design invaluable.
On the other hand, branding is the process of creating a brand. Due to the overall impact of branding on a business, it is also very important for businesses. Some of the key effects that good branding has are as follows,
- It increases business value
- Generated new consumers
- Creates trust in the market, and
- Improves morale of the employees.
In conclusion, If there are two concepts, then there will be some differences between the two. Logo design and branding go hand in hand with some differences. As both are connected but separate ideas. Both are equally important for the growth of a company, business, or organization. Knowing what makes the one different from the other is what matters the most. So, that logo design and branding are not be used as synonyms. They are both different processes that work together. This concludes the article, Logo Design VS Branding: Learn the Difference.
Do comment and share your thoughts.